VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibition)
Paper for protection against corrosion
What is VCI?
VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibition) is the active element of corrosion resistant packaging in the form of LD PE Foil or protective paper (in rolls or sheets). For the duration of a sea voyage or during storage inside the warehouse. The protective equipment must be closed windtight. The anti-corrosion process then takes place in 3 stages:
- the active particles spread in the closed packaging
- these invisible particles settle on the metal
- a mono-molecular film of VCI forms on the surface of the metal. The metal is secure and protected (cathodic protection).
ADVANTAGES OF VCI?
- Ferrous products can be used immediately without prior treatment
- Effective protection against corrosion during storage and transport
- Time and cost gain compared to the traditional Alufoil + dissicant
- Non-hazardous and recyclable PE
- User-friendly: windproof taping is sufficient (no vacuum pump required).